Friday, May 9, 2008

B -Age 50-ish

Some days here at Hesed House are almost too much. I try to pitch in and make sure everything is done, but then I feel badly when I have to say no to some people. Like today... two people are in the hospital and a third person is probably going. Who's going to do their chores? Who's going to make sure that H can get home from the hospital if I don't do it?

Joe (my therapist) says that I need to set limits -that people push me and pull me in different directions. I have to figure out where I want to go. But I don't know how to do that yet. It's loud here. Baby L is getting teeth and screamed all night. The kids run around and scream. There is no quiet place to think.

I'm thankful to be here. Don't get me wrong. It's just that it takes a lot of work to be here. People on the outside forget that.

No comments: